Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm starting to love this Borders...

Their website says that now until the 29th, if you buy 4 graphic or manga novels you'll get the fifth free. I got all excited until it said that it was "in stores only" and then realized that San Angelo doesn't have a Borders--just it's kid brother Waldenbooks. Which then made me realize that this town doesn't have enough book stores. I can only think of two in this entire town, and Hastings is as good as it gets here unfortunately. They have an okay selection yes, but its no B&N's. I remember the last time I was in Austin, I had the great fortune of going into this HUGE bookstore that I can't remember the name of that was two or three stories large in which I could have looked around for hours and it was so amazing that I actually even remember the disappointment I had about leaving it from that day still and that was a good while ago now! I particularly remember it having the biggest selection of poker books I'd ever seen and could only wish for Hastings to have...

Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was called Book People on Lamar.

Also, Ed has been hugging Ed for way too long.