Monday, August 3, 2009

New Job New Goals!

Since I last posted I turned 26, and that was such a miserable weekend I don't even want to talk about it on here but I can tell you that I started my new job on the 22nd! Yes, I was hired at a major hotel not too far from where I live thankfully and I've been training for several days now and I think I'm getting the hang of doing the front desk, or at least the most basic of things. The property is gorgeous! Two restuarants, a bar, an big outdoor heated swimming pool, and 12 stories worth of room space, not to mention the other buildings we have for cabana rooms. We also have lots of convention/meeting room space which makes me wish that next year's SWACE will be held here instead of at the tiny and old ABQ Grand.

Speaking of SWACE, I went when I could this past Friday and Saturday and met some nice people and the speakers were great. This was the smallest con I had ever been to but it made it a more intimate setting I thought and so talking with the voice actors and directors was way easier than at say, A-kon!

I haven't played any poker in about two weeks now, online OR at Sandia but that's going to change now that I got my internet hooked up yesterday. I really look forward to getting onto SpadeClub and Pokerstars again and grinding it out for awhile...

Lastly, I started doing a lot better running-wise and I can do almost 3miles before quitting which is a huuuuge improvement over just a month ago I can assure you :)

No comments: