Saturday, June 27, 2009

Changes

I'm about to move away from a town I've called home for about 15 years! O_O

Monday morning I make the trek out to Albuquerque, NM and it just still hasn't hit me yet and it probably won't until I get there but I am very excited and really look forward to this challenge. I've always been somewhat anti-social but there are several friends here that I will really miss once I'm out there and all I have to say about that is thank god I live in the Internet Age...

I'm only bringing what I can fit into my 4-door Mirage, so basically the essentials: japanese futon, box of kitchen stuff, two suitcases full of clothes and a few more boxes of junk, CDs, books, etc. and my computer/lappy of course. My apartment is a studio so I won't have much room for more than that anyway. I'll probably go out and buy a stool and maybe a beanbag once I get there so I'll have something to sit on and then it'll be back to eating ramen noodz on a daily basis again for awhile!

Also found out yesterday that I still have 6 months left on my contract with Alltel but coverage won't be a problem in ABQ. I think Alltel switches completely over to Verizon this fall but I don't think I can wait until then before getting my hands on their new toy, the LG ENV TOUCH. The thing looks pretty awesome for something that isn't a smartphone and it's not too terribly expensive. Hmm...

No comments: