Wednesday, July 1, 2009

ABQ Moving Day 6/29/09

The drive up to Albuquerque was uneventful, a nice normal day. Left the house at around 7:15am and was in Roswell, NM by 9:45am thanks to the Mountain Time change. The worst part was the drive from Roswell to ABQ, the scenery reminded me of the drive from San Angelo to Amarillo, where it was nothing but flat land as far as the eye could see. Once I got onto I-40 though, things looked a lot better, trees everywhere-rolling hills, more cars and mountains in the distance made the last couple hours of driving pretty exciting I guess.

3pm, I arrive into city limits and drive Central Ave all the way to my apartment off University Blvd, I live less than a mile from UNM so I noticed alot of foot/bike traffic in the area which was cool. I'm considering getting a bike here since the weather is so nice compared to what west Texas is like. I spent the whole day driving around and getting used to the area, while also looking for an internet connection for my notebook as I had a lot to update about! I found a Hastings store and was able to let everyone back home that I was still alive and that things were going okay--Twitter/Facebook is the best thing since well, the internet?

By 9:30pm I'm super hungry but on a Monday night, not much was open so I opted for a Carl's Jr since I've never tried them before and they stay open really late. I remember getting the Guacamole Bacon Burger and I don't remember much more than that because the orgy in my mouth made me blackout it was so good! I'll try not to go back anytime soon since I know I've already gained like five pounds in the last week alone, thank you stress! < /sarcasm>

Anyway, the apartment looks fine--I'll need to get a chair of some kind and a fan because I forgot to bring mine for the much needed white noise for me to sleep well with and a plastic storage bin for my stuff since I don't have any furniture! Right now I'm sleeping on the floor on a japanese futon and there is literally almost nothing else on my floor except my suitcases. Oh and the stovetop/oven isn't working but I already called down about it and they said they'll send someone to fix it in the morning which is okay since I still need to unpack all my stuff including my kitchen-ware anyway. The only other thing I can complain about is probably about the AC because it doesn't get as cool as I'd want it to be but the weather is nice outside so I can just open my balcony screen door if I need to I think.

I think I'm really going to like this town. Just a feeling.

No comments: