Saturday, January 24, 2009

Only 12 Days Left!

We're just less than two weeks away now from moving out of the place Billy and I called home for over two years, TWO years! That's the longest I've ever stayed in one place that didn't belong to mom and dad...

I was never too crazy about the space, a lot of stuff was really old, the dishwasher never worked right, water bugs were in the bathroom ALL the time, water leaks. Upside? Very affordable living, we paid only $600 ABP and had central AC which was nice, and for the first year it was actually $560 before they jacked it up a bit this last summer so that wasn't too bad for a 2 bdrm/1 and a half bath! I've been doing some internet research for apartments in ABQ and places for $600 only gets you 1 bdrm at best so I guess this means goodbye to a good deal.

Now I'm looking at storage units and the one right next to us seems good enough and at $43 per month for a 10x10 probably is a good deal right? We won't have to drive far at all to get to it from the apartment so that's a plus but $43 x 6 months = $275 (est) isn't bad considering we're not paying any rent for the same amount of time.

We'll be busy packing all week long since I don't want to wait until the last minute like we did at our old place so sorry in advance if I can't hang out for awhile. I'll give you guys a call (you know who you are!) when everythings settled so until then, I'm not going to be available!!!

1 comment:

SiameseDream64 said...

Oh wow, I didn't know you were moving out. I bet you're glad it's not the middle of the summer! Hope everything goes well!