Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Top Chef...w/ spoilers!

Am I the only one watching Top Chef anymore? I don't think this season is as bad as some of my friends say it is, the personalities are maybe not as wild as last season but this year's contestants definitely have more skill overall. The episode tonight was an All Star battle against former season's Top Chef contestants and guess what, this year's crew beat them out in the end sorta proving that point. Stefan is going to win Season 5 and his asshole-ness is great stuff to watch. When Carla won the challenge and walked into the 'waiting room' where Stefan (a loser for the first time) was waiting and says she won very excitedly, Stefan says "No fucking way." in his signature, fake-surprised-mocking sorta way it made me almost fall out of my chair I was laughing so hard. Fabio should have probably went home for over-cooking his food but he, like Stefan, have overall put out better food than Jeff so maybe that's why they sent him home. Jeff was definitely a more skillful chef than a couple others still in play but having a technical or very refined skill set doesn't mean anything if the food doesn't taste very good. The judges say that they grade each challenge without memory of previous perfomances as a factor is such bullshit after this episode I have to say because if that was the case, Fabio would have been booted. I like Fabio though so whatever, I really wish I had his accent because its so cute! The way he says "my mama" in this episode is so adorable I just want to pinch his cheeks.

The only negative I have about this season is this joke of a British judge and his stupid comments that he probably thinks are hilarious. Please don't bring him back next season Bravo, thanks.

No comments: