Thursday, June 26, 2008

Samurai 7

I always did like the Akira Kurosawa classic (and even the Magnificent Seven version) so I don't know what took me so long to find and start watching this anime version of the story but I'm very glad I did! They went and sci-fi'ed it up a bit but kept the old samurai type traditions and added cool badass-ness all over the place. I've seen six episodes so far of the about 26 available but it already oozes with some of the coolest sword fighting scenes this side of Samurai Champloo. You can't really compare the two shows that much though since this one takes its fights much more seriously but there is plenty of humor as well from a certain 'machine samurai' as they call him. I definitely recommend watching this series if you have the time to kill...(chop chop)

http://watchanimenow.com/video/category/samurai-7-episodes/page/3/

No comments: