Sunday, June 29, 2008

Gurren Lagann is coming! July 28th...

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is coming to stateside television! Sci-Fi Channel is picking it up to be put on their Ani-Monday block of TV programming and what's even better news is that it will be shown in a subbed format which will be quite refreshing to see especially compared to all the butchery and recycled cast dubbing of what Adult Swim generally does with their properties (*cough, Bleach) so finally, there's going to be something worth watching on that channel again besides Enterprise/Battlestar reruns...

I have to thank my friend Carey for suggesting such an awesome series a couple months ago because this is a really good anime and I think having this put on american TV will give it the much bigger audience and a hopefully larger fanbase because this show definitely deserves it. It's from GAINAX, the creators of such great shows like Neon Genesis Evangelion and FLCL so if you liked those shows you should like this one too.
--
I wish I had my own mighty Gurren Lagann,
--
sigh.

No comments: