Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July 1st - Still Here.

I can't believe it's July already and that we're already past that half-way point for 2008. This year has moved much too quickly, but as I've come to realize over the past several years, the older you get, the faster the days just seem to go by. School was always something that made the days go by slower for some reason. Once you're done though, days go by like weeks, and weeks like months. It's something that most kids can't grasp until they grow up and realize how life really is out in the real world.

Am I 'grown up' yet?

To be honest, I really don't think so. I won't be able to convince myself of that until I move away. To me, that will be my barometer, my true test. When I can move away and not have that safety net at my back to easily pull me out of a bad situation, that will be when I know what I'm made of. I just don't feel like I am now. I still owe my parents for favors they've pulled for me over the past couple years and for those things to have even happened kind of tells me I'm not ready. I turn 25 this month. From as far back as I can remember I had always sworn that by that age I wouldn't be here anymore. Where am I supposed to be then you may be thinking?

Thousand Miles West...

No comments: