Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oops...

I think I jinxed her.

She ended up finishing in 17th place but won $334,535 for her valliant effort.

Oh well.

----

Thinh and Sarah came by the office to show off the guitar he hand-made for Sarah's Haruko Haruhara cosplay character. I don't think I mentioned yet that we three are planning to hit AnimeFest 2008 like a hurricane with our FLCL cosplay crew!!!

But now I just did.

Thinh is going as Naota Nandaba (a.k.a. Ta-kun) and I will be Commander Amarao (a.k.a. Eyebrows).

I'm pretty sure that we're going with one other girl, a friend of Sarah's...can't remember her name, starts with an A/haven't met her either yet, but I'm already having Mamimi thoughts that probably won't happen but its still early so who knows for sure yet. It'll be her first convention though and I sure didn't want to cosplay at my first one ever so it'll be understandable if she just wants to come along for the experience of it all.

And speaking of AnimeFest, I purchased the tickets online tonight so I think I'm set and can just focus on making my costume complete now. I need to order the right sunglasses, the fake guns, find a black suit and get some red hair dye/spray stuff. Oh, and lose 10-15 lbs...

*EDIT*

UGH, and I just found a perfect Mamimi costume but for $100 online at http://www.elusivevisions.com/index.cfm/Custom_Costume_Info

maybe if we all chiped in for $20? eh? eh??

No comments: