Monday, October 27, 2008

Eggplant Excitment

I've been collecting simple vegetarian reciepes online for me to try out and I really like the one's that I've found so far using zucchini and eggplant in particular. I also cooked with tofu for the first time ever last week and that was fun. I've always watched my mom make and cook tofu in her kitchen before but I've never tried to on my own but it turned out pretty good in our speghetti pasta dinner the other night. Or at least I thought it did, Billy gave me all of his tofu, lol. Maybe he'll like it when I deep fry it next time...

I've also been thinking over the whole vegetarian thing and I think I might alter the diet a bit to include fish since I love sushi too much to really give up sashimi and tasty cooked eel. I read up on it and according to Wikipedia, I would be called a "Pescetarian" if I went that route. The word itself was aparently added to the 2008 Webster's Dictionary as being, "vegetarian whose diet includes fish." This explanation though is a little strange considering the fact that most "official" vegetarian groups out there wouldn't say that these type of people were vegetarian at all if they ate fish flesh but that's a topic for another post and time! I just want to be able to lose some weight and enjoy some deliciously and beautifully prepared raw fish, is that too much to ask? I don't care what I'll be referred to as, or called, as long as it isn't "fat-ass", "chubby" or "slightly overweight half-asian" anymore and I'll be happy.

No comments: