Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Poker Update

I signed up with cardplayer.com's "SpadeClub" program over a week ago to help work on my tournament game and so far I've been doing very well making several final tables here and there building up my points and hopefully next month I'll be turning those points into entry tickets for their Weekly $5Ks and Monthly $40Ks soon enough. The player fields on average right now are between 80-130 for pointbuilders, 500-700 for the 20/50/75 cash guarantee tourneys, and the highest of course going to the weekly and monthly's with around 1000-1500 players so I have my work cut out for me if I want to win either of those two tourneys but to me, it's not even a matter of if I'll ever win one but more like when it'll happen because I feel like I'm playing my best right now and I'll start posting screen-cap's of my progress here as soon as I can.

I can say that tonight was a particularly good night for me as I final tabled two tourneys at the same time, a 5th place finish out of 129 in a PointBuilder tourney and then a 1st in tonight's $50 cash that I had to really fight for since I was down 7-1 in chips going into heads up play but over came it for the finish. I know they aren't big scores like what Bodog would offer but at least I'm able now to try new moves and really put people to the test while "practicing" on SpadeClub so I really like it and the community of players that play there. I just wish I could have joined the site six months ago since they have a Spade Club Player of the Year race going on in a standings/stats format that I'm a little too late to play in for this year but as soon as that starts over again for next year I can guarantee you'll be seeing me in that Top 20!

No comments: